Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Laurie's Chicken Corn Chowder

Ok, I know it's not Sunday, but I am trying a new soup recipe tonight per Barry's request to have soup for dinner. This recipe is from Ruth Pugh via the First Presbyterian Church of Asheboro's cookbook. Yum!!


Laurie's Chicken Corn Chowder

4 chicken breast halves
4 c water
1 lg onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I am using low fat)
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
1/4 c parsley, dried
1 c milk (I am using skim)
8 slices American cheese (I am using slices made from 2% milk)

Cook the chicken breasts in the 4 cups water with onion, celery and carrots. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from broth. Let cool and shred into 1 inch pieces. Return to broth. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for at least an hour. Add salt to taste at this point--about 1 teaspoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment