Monday, January 3, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

My mom got me a subscription to Semi-Homemade Magazine by Sandra Lee (I LOVE her), and I modified a recipe from there to come up with this. Hope you enjoy!


Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

2 T olive oil
1 8 oz container diced celery, onion and bell pepper
1 8 oz container sliced baby bellas or white button mushrooms
2 c fresh broccoli
1 15 oz jar Alfredo sauce (I used the light version)
1 6.2 oz box fast cooking long-grain and wild rice mix
2 c cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 t ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet, cook diced vegetables in olive oil, stirring occasionally for 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add mushrooms and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, fold in sauce, rice mix, seasoning packet, chicken and black pepper. Spoon into a 13x9 inch baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Serves 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment