Monday, January 17, 2011

Baked Cheese

This recipe is courtesy of Teresa Pugh, and let me tell you it is amazing! It is perfect to make and take to a Superbowl party. The best part? It's sooo easy to prepare!


Baked Cheese

1 c mayonnaise (I use Olive Oil based)
1 sm onion, finely chopped
6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I have used turkey bacon and the store-bought pre-cooked bacon; both were delicious)
1 c shredded cheddar
1 c shredded swiss
1 c shredded Monterey Jack
1 round of sourdough
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper--optional

Mix first 6 ingredients and chill overnight. Hollow out bread bowl, leaving shell intact. Cut removed bread into cubes. Spoon cheese mixture into shell and place on cookie sheet. Bake 25-30 mins at 350.

Note: I would also set out some crackers with the bread cubes. I have made this without the bread bowl as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment