Monday, February 21, 2011

Skillet Beef and Asparagus

This is my "New Recipe of the Week." As part of my New Year's resolution, I am trying to make one new dish every week. I found this in the March/April edition of my girl, Sandra Lee's, Semi-Homemade magazine. She hasn't disappointed me yet, so I'm sure this will be delicious! I'll let you know after tonight!


Skillet Beef and Asparagus

2/3 c beef stock
1/3 c orange juice
1/4 c soy sauce
1 T cornstarch
1/2 t salt
1/4 t crushed red pepper
1/4 c vegetable oil (I will be using olive oil)
1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1/2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 c carrot, thinly sliced
1 T garlic
4 thin orange slices, halved

Whisk together stock, OJ, soy sauce, cornstarch, salt and red pepper in a small bowl. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat Add beef and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes--or until desired degree of doneness. Using a slotted spoon, remove from skillet. Add asparagus, carrot and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes--or until crisp-tender. Stir stock mixture and add to skillet. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly--or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in beef and orange slices. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment