Friday, February 4, 2011

Cindy's Chili

Ok, I don't want to brag, but in our group of friends, I am famous for my chili. Make this one time, and you'll find out why! This recipe is from my Aunt Cindy, and I PROMISE you, it is the best chili recipe of all time. Perfect for a cold winter evening! Note: Half the recipe, and you'll still have leftovers.


Cindy's Chili

3 lbs hamburger (you could also use ground turkey or ground chicken)
2 lg onions, chopped
2 lg green bell peppers, chopped
2 sm cans tomato sauce
2 cans kidney beans
1 28 oz can tomatoes
1 qt tomato juice
3 T chili powder
1-1 1/2 T salt
1/4 c brown sugar
3 T white sugar
1 t black pepper

Brown mean, onions and peppers together. Add other ingredients and simmer for 1-1 1/2 hours on low heat. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar and jalapenos.

No comments:

Post a Comment